IFGI 2020: Key insights and preview
There is little doubt that 2020 is a challenging year so far. In the midst of a global pandemic, social uprisings, and a climate change emergency, this study puts the role and responsibility of private wealth into focus. With impact investing being one of the most visible and dynamic sectors in the investment industry, the Investing for Global Impact: A Power for Good research provides valuable insights on opportunities and challenges ahead.
Between April and June 2020, 341 surveys were collected from organisations and individuals around the globe, of which 302 responses were included in the study. The organisations represented include family offices, family foundations, and private investors. The respondents are from 41 different countries and have an estimated accumulated net worth of US$264 billion. Some of the key findings include:
2020 Case Studies Include:
- Dr Malini Saba – Making a difference through philanthropy
- Lord Nigel Crisp – The NHS executive turned health activist
- Kurt and Victoria Engelhorn – Learning from the next generation
- John Kamara – Investing in African entrepreneurship
- Stephen Brenninkmeijer – Impact Investing toward a zero-carbon economy
- Satish Kumar – On the environment, wealth and the journey of life
To download previous reports, click here.